Time & Location
About the Event
NOTICE OF RACE
Kaneohe Yacht Club Laser HLA #5 - Saturday, August 10, 2019
Kaneohe Yacht Club Laser HLA #6 - Sunday, August 11, 2019
1. RULES: The regatta will be governed by the 2017-2020 Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS),
prescriptions of US SAILING, this Notice of Race, and the Laser class rules, except as
any of these are altered by the Sailing Instructions.
2. ELIGIBILITY & ENTRY:
2.1 The regatta is open to Laser A and B. Using the overall scores, the fleets will be divided
into A and B fleets for the purposes of awards.
2.2 The regatta is open to all Hawaii Laser Class Association members.
2.3 Eligible skippers may be entered by completing and submitting a race entry form with the
2.4 Each person on board a competing yacht shall wear a USCG approved PFD while
2.5 Entry Fees: $10 for US Sailing Members, $12 for non-US Sailing members.
2.6 Registration: Registration will be on-site before the Skippers’ Meeting.
3. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS – Same for Saturday 8/10 & Sunday 8/11: We will attempt
five races each day.
3.1 Registration 9:00 am, Entry Lounge
3.2 Skippers Meeting 10:00 am, Entry Lounge
3.3 First Race 11:00 am
3.4 Pizza and Awards 3:00 pm
4. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: The sailing instructions will be available at the Skippers
5. COURSE & AREA: The courses to be sailed will be announced at the skipper’s
meeting and will be displayed on the stern of the race committee boat before each race.
6. SCORING: Each day will be scored separately. The Low Point Scoring System, RRS
Appendix A, will apply. Each boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores,
discarding her worst score if, and only if, five or more races are completed.
7. PRIZES: Prizes shall be awarded for Laser A & B. There will be pizza following the
For further information contact Jesse Andrews of KYC at email@example.com